Journal and Publications
Below is a list of journals and publications produced by MAN that can be downloaded. Hard copies are available at the MAN office and resource centre.
Museums Association of Namibia YouTube Channel Visit this site to watch all the MAN-related videos, launches, and more.
Namibia 1953-1954 Project
Between 1953-1954, over 750 sound and other documents were recorded with over 200 people from across Namibia. This platform hopes to make this vast material more accessible to a broader Namibian public and families in particular. “Namibia 1953-54” provides a list of names of those individuals whose voices, narratives, songs and poetry were recorded and whose images were taken. Each name is linked to an index card that lists the number of available images, audio recordings and written records for that person.
International Council of Museums (ICOM)
"Museums have no borders, they have a network". Visit this site to become a member of ICOM and join the international network.
Job Descriptions for Namibian Museum Professionals
This is a guide that you may find useful when planning on staffing for your museums at a regional and national level. This document details the “ideal” staffing complement for a museum but we are aware that it may not be the reality on the ground due to funding, expertise, and other constraints and sometimes due to the size of the museum (a museum which is smaller will not need this many staff, however, a bigger museum may need to duplicate some of the positions). However, it can still serve as a point of reference for planning.
Starting Your Museum – A Quick Guide
This is a short, simplified document that can serve as a quick “checklist”.
Namibian Museum Guidebook
Guidebooks to Namibian Museums published by the MAN.
Museum Matters, the regularly released journal of the MAN.
- Museum Matters 35
- Museum Matters 33 &34
- Museum Matters 31 & 32
- Museum Matters 30
- Museum Matters 29
- Museum Matters 28
- Museum Matters 27
- Museum Matters 26
- Museum Matters 25
- Museum Matters 23 & 24
- Museum Matters 22
- Museum Matters 21
- Museum Matters 20
- Museum Matters 19
- Museum Matters 18
Some handbooks for use by Museums produced by MAN
- Marketing handbook
- Financial management handbook
- Museum education handbook
- Dodging Disaster Handbook
- Making An Impact - Exhibition Planning & Design
- MAN Annual Report 2020/2021
- MAN's 30th Anniversary Publication 1990-2020
- MAN Annual Report 2018/2019
- MAN Annual Report 2017/2018
- MAN Annual Report 2016/2017
- MAN Annual Report 2015/2016
- MAN Annual Report 2014/2015
- MAN Annual Report 2013/2014
- MAN Annual Report 2012/2013
- MAN Annual Report 2011/2012
- MAN Annual Report 2010/2011
- MAN Annual Report 2009/2010
- MAN Annual Report 2007/2008
- MAN Annual Report 2006/2007
- MAN Annual Report 2005/2006
- MAN Annual Report 2004/2005
Guidebooks and Handbooks for Exhibitions made by MAN.
- Museum Development as a Tool for Strengthening Cultural Rights (Museum and Mobile Exhibition Guidebook)
- Changing History: World War 1 and Namibia
- Oomabale Dhi Ihaka - The Bond That Cannot Be Broken
- Stand Together - San Cultural Heritage