Join the Museums Association of Namibia
Museums in Namibia are generally run with very limited finances. Often their most valuable resource is the support provided by members of the local community. By joining MAN you will show your willingness to support the development of our museum sector. Whilst your financial contribution will help us to achieve our goals, we hope that the information that you receive from us will also encourage you to get actively involved in museum development.
How do I join MAN?
To become a MAN member, simply download this form, MAN Membership Form 2022 complete it and email it to us on
Alternatively, you can send an email to i , requesting the form and we will send you an MS Word version of the form that you can complete and send back to us, together with the proof of payment for your membership fee.
Why should I join MAN?
- All members will receive our bi-annual newsletter, Museum Matters.
- All members will be invited to our Annual General Meeting and Conference.
- Members will be eligible to apply to participate in training courses organized by MAN.
- Stay updated with what’s happening in the industry by receiving online news on events and workshops
- All members are may apply for annual Regional Museums Development Grant (institutions and associate members only)
- All members have access to the materials in the MAN Resource Centre
- Members receive discounted Prices on MAN Merchandise
- Any member may serve as a representation on Advisory Committee and/or Executive Committee if elected by the AGM
- Members have the opportunity to network with other museum professionals
Types of MAN Membership
According to MAN's Constitution;
6.1 RIGHTS OF MEMBERS
Membership of MAN confers the right of attending and voting at the Annual General Meetings, to make suggestions for the improvement and strengthening of the Association, to generally assist with all matters pertaining to the Association and to be nominated and elected to the Executive Committee.
6.2 LIABILITY OF MEMBERS
6.2.1 The Liability of members is limited to the amount of the annual subscription owing by such member and remaining unpaid.
6.2.2 No liability for the debts or obligations of the Association shall attach to any Honorary member.
6.3 CATEGORIES OF MEMBERS
There shall be 4 categories of members of MAN:
6.3.1 Ordinary Members - N$120.00 per year per individual
6.3.2 Honorary life members - No Membership Fee
6.3.3 Corporate members, and
6.3.4 Institutional Members
- For Corporate and Institutional members, the membership fee is based on whether or not the museum is open to the public.
- Associate membership (Projects or institutions that have not yet opened as museums) N$200.00 per year, Museum Members (For fully functioning museums) - N$400.00 per year.
Any persons shall be eligible for membership as an ordinary member of MAN.
At any annual general meeting of MAN, the Executive Committee may propose one honorary life member to be elected by a majority of the members present at such a meeting, and any such honorary life member shall be subject to the rules and regulations of MAN and enjoy the privileges of membership without payment of subscription.
Any registered company or business wishing to support the aims, objectives, and functions of MAN.
National and International institutions concerned with issues of Museums and the protection and presentation of Cultural Heritage. Institutions also include the members of local groups, study groups, and branches of MAN.
6.4 APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP (See application form at the top of the page)
6.4.1 Any person desiring to join the Association shall lodge with the secretary a written application for membership.
6.4.2 Such application form shall be accompanied by the current membership fee.”