WE ARE HIRING - CONSERVATOR
The Museums Association of Namibia (MAN) is a Non-Governmental Organisation representing museums and heritage institutions throughout Namibia. As a representative body, it supports museums in various ways such as in the field of training, funding and the networking of professionals. MAN (in partnership with the National Museum of Namibia (NMN) and University of Namibia (UNAM)) are participating in a project funded by the Gerda Henkel Foundation titled Confronting Colonial Pasts, Envisioning Creative Futures - Phase 2. MAN invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position.
PROJECT: Confronting Colonial Pasts, Envisioning Creative Futures Phase 2
DUTY STATION: National Museum of Namibia, Windhoek
DURATION: 01 January 2023 – 30 June 2024 (18 months)
REMUNERATION: N$22,000pm (Gross)
BENEFITS: Housing Allowance and 13th Cheque
ABOUT THE POSITION
The conservator will be responsible for preventive conservation at the National Museum of Namibia and will provide support and advice and training to regional museums. Your main responsibilities will include examining objects to determine the extent and cause of deterioration, reviewing storage conditions at the museum, developing creative solutions to clean, support and repair sensitive objects, Completing and maintaining condition reports on objects and receiving and providing training on preventive conservation and conservation techniques for a range of materials.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor's degree in scientific conservation or related subject
- A Post Graduate Qualification in the same field will be an added advantage
- Willingness to receive further training and to provide training to Namibian Museum Professionals
- Experience in the conservation of museum collections will be an added advantage
- Namibian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Code B Driver’s License
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency in an indigenous Namibian language will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
- Your application should include your CV and a one-page motivational letter and accompanying documents merged as one pdf document (max 22mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org
By Friday the 04th of November 2022 at midnight.
- The title of the email in the subject line should be Conservator CCP, ECF
- No hardcopy applications will be considered
- No unmerged documents will be considered
- No late applications will be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
You can download the Conservator Vacancy Announcement here.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.