Archive Interns Wanted!
ARCHIVE INTERNS WANTED FULL CALL (PDF)
The Museums Association of Namibia (MAN) is a Non-Governmental Organisation representing museums and heritage institutions throughout Namibia. As a representative body, it supports museums in various ways such as in the field of training, funding, and the networking of professionals. MAN invites qualified individuals to apply for the following internship positions.
POSITION: Archive Intern (Windhoek) x3
DURATION: 01 March 2023 – 30 June 2023 (4 months)
PROJECT: Salvaging the Archives of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in the Republic of Namibia (ELCRN) Archives Phase 2
REPORTING DIRECTLY TO: Project Officers and the Museum Development Officer
INTERNSHIP FEE: N$8,450.00 per month
ABOUT THE PROJECT AND POSITION
The project is dedicated to restoring the ELCRN archives, one of Namibia's most important historical archives, dating back to 1844. The records are mainly in German but also include records in Khoekhoegowab and Otjiherero. Successful candidates will be provided with German language lessons and therefore, are not required to read German at the time of applying. Your duties will include organising, scanning, researching, and reviewing different historical records, hand-written documents, and photographs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Records and Archives Management or History
- A Post Graduate Qualification in Document Conservation or History will be an added advantage
- Experience in archiving will be an added advantage
- Namibian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Khoekhoegowab and Otjiherero will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Good communication skills
- A passion for heritage and culture
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Diligence and care in the handling of the most fragile historical documents
HOW TO APPLY
Your application should be a two-page(max) report on any significant archival project completed or currently ongoing, between 2017 and 2022, anywhere in the world. The structure and content of the report are to be determined by the applicant.
Applicants should send their CV and accompanying documents merged as one pdf document (max 22 MB) to email@example.com by Wednesday the 15th of February 2023 midnight.
The subject of the email in the subject line should be Archive Intern: ELCRN
To merge and compress documents, you can use any of the following free websites
www.combinepdf.com | www.sodapdf.com | www.smallpdf.com
- No hardcopy applications will be considered.
- No unmerged documents will be considered.
- No late applications will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.