[CALL FOR APPLICATIONS - SCHOLARSHIPS!] Post Graduate Diploma in Heritage Conservation and Management
The Museums Association of Namibia (MAN) is a Non-Governmental Organisation representing museums and heritage institutions throughout Namibia. As a representative body, it supports museums in various ways such as in the field of training, funding, and the networking of professionals. MAN (in partnership with the National Museum of Namibia (NMN) and University of Namibia (UNAM)) are participating in a project funded by the Gerda Henkel Foundation titled Confronting Colonial Pasts, Envisioning Creative Futures - Phase 2. MAN invites qualified individuals to apply for the following scholarship opportunities.
The scholarships will be for one year (2023 only) as part of the Confronting Colonial Pasts, Envisioning Creative Futures project.
1. The Scholarship is only available for students pursuing a Post Graduate Diploma in Heritage Conservation and Management at the University of Namibia during 2023.
2. The Scholarship is only available to students who are pursuing the programme for the first time and no partial scholarships will be provided for students repeating or completing the course from previous years.
3. The student will be required to complete the program within 2023.
4. The PDG students will be expected to conduct research under one of the following themes:
- Museum Education
- Museum Conservation and Documentation
- Restitution and Repatriation of Museum Collections
- Provenance Research through Community Engagement
- Material Culture
5. Be a Namibian citizen or permanent resident who is fluent in one of Namibia’s indigenous languages.
6. Applicants will be expected to have applied for the programme, with the University of Namibia.
For further information about the programme, please contact the Department of Geography, History and Environmental Studies at the University of Namibia at Tel: +264 61 206 3632 or E-mail: email@example.com for guidance, before submitting their scholarship applications.
There is a total of 5 (five) scholarships available. The total scholarship per student will be N$80,000.00 which will be provided in the following way
1. The scholarship will cover tuition fees.
2. The student will be reimbursed the for the registration and application fees paid.
3. The student will receive a stipend to cover the purchase of equipment and subsidise expenses related to research and successful course completion.
- Your application should include your CV, proof of application and a one-page motivational letter and accompanying documents merged as one pdf document (max 22mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org
By Friday the 04th of November 2022 at midnight.
- The title of the email in the subject line should be Scholarship CCP, ECF
- No hardcopy applications will be considered
- No unmerged documents will be considered
- No late applications will be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to submit their proof of registration in 2023, in order for the scholarship to be confirmed.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.