[CLOSED] RESEARCH INTERNS WANTED!
The Museums Association of Namibia (MAN) is a Non-Governmental Organisation representing museums and heritage institutions throughout Namibia. As a representative body, it supports museums in various ways such as in the field of training, funding and the networking of professionals. MAN invites qualified individuals to apply for the following internship position.
POSITION: Research Intern (Windhoek) x2
DURATION: 01 October 2022 – 30 September 2023 (12 months)
PROJECT: Confronting Colonial Pasts, Envisioning Creative Futures Phase 2
REPORTING DIRECTLY TO: Museum Development Officer
INTERNSHIP FEE: N$6,000.00 per month
ABOUT THE POSITION
Your duties will include conducting research, compiling data, implementing ideas, coordinating different aspects of the project, and helping to write reports for the Confronting Colonial Pasts, Envisioning Creative Futures Project. You will work closely with other interns, project officers, community members, stakeholders and the MAN team. The short-term goal of a research intern position is to gain academic credit or work experience. The long-term goal is to turn the internship into a career.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor's degree in Museum Studies, Heritage Studies, History or Anthropology
- A Post Graduate Qualification in the same field will be an added advantage
- Experience in community engagement/research will be an added advantage
- Namibian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Code B Driver’s License
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in an indigenous Namibian language will be an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- A passion for heritage and culture
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel
HOW TO APPLY
- Your application should be a two-page(max) report on any MAN project completed or currently ongoing, between 2017 and 2022. The structure and content of the report is to be determined by the applicant.
- The report, CV and accompanying documents merged as one pdf document (max 22mb) To By Wednesday the 21st of September 2022 at midnight.
- The title of the email in the subject line should be Research Internship CCP, ECF
- To merge and compress documents, you can use any of the following free websites
- No hardcopy applications will be considered
- No unmerged documents will be considered
- No late applications will be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.