Visit a Namibian Museum
Did you know that there is a museum in almost every region in Namibia? That means there is a museum near you!
Benefits of Visiting a Namibian Museum
1. Museums make you feel good – They have a calming effect.
2. Museums make you smarter – They Expand your horizons and teach you lessons in humanity
3. Museums provide an effective way of learning
4. Museums are community centers
5. Museums inspire - They offer ways to stimulate new ideas, resulting in the creation of more art, including music, architecture, interior designing, and creative writing.
6. Museums help bring change and development to communities
7. Museums are a great way to spend time with friends and family - They are a great recreational activity that give you access to experiences that you don’t usually experience every day. They also create great food for conversation
8. A museum may be your next community partner or business endeavor
9. Museums need your support in order to keep educating and inspiring people
10. There is a museum close to you
How to find a Namibian Museum Near You
- Visit museums.com.na and click on the “Museums” tab.
- Select the location where you are e.g. “Central” and you will see all of the museums near you.
- Click on the museum(s) that interest you to see what you can find at that museum and other important information such as the museum’s contact details, opening times etc.
Follow the Museums Association of Namibia on the following platforms to keep updated about activities and events in the heritage, arts and culture sector.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.