[CLOSED] We Are Hiring - Museum Development Officer
The Museums Association of Namibia (MAN) is a Non-Governmental Organisation representing museums and heritage institutions throughout Namibia. As a representative body, it supports museums in various ways such as in the field of training, funding and the networking of professionals. MAN invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position.
POSITION: Museum Development Officer (Permanent - Windhoek)
REPORTING DIRECTLY TO: Director
ANNUAL REMUNERATION: N$265,520.72 - N$283,520.72
BENEFITS: Medical Aid - 50% company contribution (capped at N$1,500.00)
Social Security - Employer’s Contribution
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
• Implement the museum and exhibition development process in accordance with the museum development guide
• Organises and arrange acquisitions of manuscripts, government records, photo’s, audiovisuals to expand the Resource Centre
• To be responsible for development of museums and exhibitions and to provide support for MAN individual, museum and institutional members
• Manages day to day operations of MAN and keep the Director informed of pertinent issues, problems, and deviations from organisational objectives.
• Ensure efficient daily operation of MAN, by coordinating telephone, copier and computer support.
• Represent MAN at meetings, conferences, workshops and other events, as required.
• Represent MAN at meetings and other external events in the absence of the Director.
• Coordinate logistical assistance and program development for planned Executive Committee meetings.
• Coordinate logistical arrangements and implementation of MAN’s Annual General Meeting.
• Plan for MAN’s educational programming and review project proposals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• A bachelor degree in Museum, Heritage Studies, History, Education (History) or similar
• A Post Graduate Qualification in the same field will be an added advantage
• Namibian Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Code B Driver’s License
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Fluent in English
• Proficiency in an indigenous Namibian language will be an added advantage
• A passion for heritage and culture
• A passion for education
• Ability to work under pressure
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Willingness to travel
HOW TO APPLY
• Send a one-page cover letter, CV and accompanying documents merged as one pdf document (max 22mb) To By Monday 31 August 2020 at midnight
• To merge and compress documents, you can use any of the following free websites
www.combinepdf.com | www.sodapdf.com | www.smallpdf.com
• No hardcopy applications will be considered
• No unmerged documents will be considered
• No late applications will be considered
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
You can download the PDF version of this advert here We Are Hiring - Museum Development Officer