Founded in 1951 by dentist Dr. Alfons Weber. The Swakopmund Museum is the largest privately run museum in Namibia. It accommodates displays ranging from zoology, geology, archaeology and technology as well as present and historical exhibits of Namibian culture and our people.
The museum shop offers a large variety of books, postcards and souvenirs. You can even send your post from here!
Interesting local videos are shown at the Swakopmund Museum upon request between 11:00 and 13:00.
Guided tours by request are offered.
- Curator: Nadine Phiri
- Tel: 064 / 402046(Museum office) or 064 / 404295(Curator office)
- Cell: 081 294 7344
- Email: OR
- P.O. Box 361, Swakopmund, Namibia
- Street Address: Ludwig Koch street, just below the Lighthouse
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/museum.swakop1
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sci.swk/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/samcohenlibrary
- Website: https://scientificsocietyswakopmund.com/