The Grootfontein Museum in Grootfontein is one of the most versatile and interesting museums in Namibia featuring various exhibitions about Namibia's interesting past.
The following exhibitions are permanent exhibitions in the museum
Founding of the Republic of Upingtonia
Photo display of the development of Grootfontein
Old European household utensils
Hunting trophies and weapons
Ornaments and handcrafts of the Ovawambo/Aawambo and San communities
Extensive show of photos and movie equipment
Dr Hartmann's first physical map of Northern Namibia.
Monday to Friday: 08h30 – 15h30
Closed on weekends & Official Holidays
Pre-bookings accepted for weekends must be sent to email@example.com at least 4 days in advance and need to be confirmed by the museum.
- Adult: N$ 80.00 p/p Mondays to Fridays
- Child: N$ 40.00 p/p aged 6-16
- School groups: on request
- PRE BOOKED: After hours, Sat, Sun & Public holidays: N$ 120.00 p/p
- Box 1118 Grootfontein
- Tel: 067-242456
- Cell: Mrs A.Rahn +264814771096
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.altefortmuseum.de