WE ARE HIRING - DIRECTOR
The Museums Association of Namibia (MAN) is a Non-Governmental Organisation representing museums and heritage institutions throughout Namibia. As a representative body it supports museums in various ways such as in the field of training, funding and the networking of professionals. MAN invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position.
POSITION: Director (Permanent - Windhoek)
REPORTING DIRECTLY TO: Executive Committee
ANNUAL REMUNERATION (TOTAL COST TO COMPANY): N$510,996.96 - N$544,196.00
BENEFITS: Medical Aid - 50% Company contribution and 13th Cheque (Included in Annual Remuneration)
- The overall management and oversights of the Museums Association of Namibia (MAN), operations and resources of the MAN.
- The Execution of the MAN’s Mandate and Objectives, and the development and delivery on the MAN’s goals and strategies for growth.
- Develop a Regional Museum Development Strategy that meets the needs of museums & museum professionals, & to build & maintain a strong membership base.
- Research & develop projects to address emerging trends & best practices in the museum sector to create value to MAN members.
- Develop, cultivate & maintain relationships with local, national & international organizations & partners both in the public & private sectors.
- Oversee the planning & implementation of the Museums Association of Namibia AGM & ensure strong representation by member museums.
- Maintain and grow an active and involved member base for the organization.
- Assist institutional and associate members to develop and implement Action and Funding Plans.
- Conduct consultative workshops to draw up Action and Funding Plans for museums
- Oversee applications for the Regional Museum Development grants.
- Develop research & development projects & strategies for the Museums & collections locally & abroad (exhibition, research reports etc.)
- Develop annual National training workshop schedule and training materials relevant to the museum sector and landscape
- Represents the Museums Association of Namibia at all official business interactions. business negotiations, publicity and meetings.
- Develop and oversee implementation of a cost-effective Marketing Plan.
- Develop and implement new fundraising strategies, including the growth and maintenance of current and prospective donor base.
- Develop operating and project budgets for Executive Committee approval.
- Oversee funds, spending and maintain accurate and timely accounts.
- Support Executive Committee meetings and activities.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-Graduate Qualification (NQF level 8 or higher) in Museum, Heritage, Culture, History, Education (History), Management (Business, Finance, Project, Operations) with a minimum of 6 years (3 of which being in a managerial position) experience in the Heritage, Arts and Culture Sector.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (NQF level 7) in Museum, Heritage, Culture, History, Education (History), Management (Business, Finance, Project, Operations) with a minimum of 8 years (4 of which being in a managerial position) experience in the Heritage, Arts and Culture Sector.
- Any additional Post Graduate Qualifications in the same fields will be an added advantage
- Experience in fundraising for Non-Profit Organisations
- Experience Managing Projects in Non-Profit Organisations
- Experience in Developing Training Materials and conducting Training
- Experience in Developing Museum Exhibition Content
- Good operative and strategic knowledge of the Museums Association of Namibia, and the Art, Culture and Heritage sector in Namibia, and globally.
- Code B Driver’s License
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A passion for culture, heritage, and education
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel
- Namibian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in an indigenous Namibian language will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Send a one-page cover letter, CV and accompanying documents merged as one pdf document (max 22mb)
By 15 February 2022 at midnight
- No applications sent to an email address other than the one listed above will be considered (including other MAN official email addresses)
- No hardcopy applications will be considered
- No unmerged documents will be considered
- No late applications will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
You can download the PDF version on the vacancy announcement here MAN DIRECTOR VACANCY PDF